Thursday 10 May 2012

Thursday May 10th

Hi everyone,

It is with a mixture of numbing and overwhelming sadness coupled almost with disbelief that I write this blog. My best freind and the love of my life has gone to be with our God on Wednesday morning May 9th  at 3.40am. Sonja did everything possible to "fight a great fight". To say that I am proud of her would be completely inadequate and an understatement beyond measure. She is without doubt the most courageous and faith filled person I have ever known.
I have no answers as to why this has happened this way, but I do know that Sonja and our family could not have walked this very tough road without the strength and love of God. It makes no sense at all to any of us to have this outcome come to pass, so don't look to me for an explanation as I am as lost as anyone, if not more so. But I do know where Sonja is and that is enough for me right now.
My family and I again want to thank all of you who have supported us on this journey - which we all know didn't have the great ending we had in mind.
We would appreciate prayer for:
Strength for us as a family to accept what has happened and stay true to the faith in God that Sonja so strongly displayed.
Supernatural peace to surround us all - especially our three children (Aimee, Rachel & Timothy) along with Kane, Aimee's husband. Also Roel & Anneke (Sonja's parents), along with Paul & Roland (Sonja's brothers).

We are having a service to celebrate Sonja's life on Monday May 14th at 10.30am, at Elim Christian Centre. Address is 159 Botany Road, Howick. Please join us if you can to celebrate Sonja's life and the joy she brought to so many of us.

Denis


No comments:

Post a Comment