Thursday 12 January 2012

Friday 13th January

Don't know how many ways to say THANK YOU to you all!

It is 13 days since I sent my original email asking for help and never did I imagine the response would be so fast and amazing. I don't mean I didn't believe we would get a great response (and get there eventually),  but I must be honest and admit I never thought it would be so immediate!

The new total today as I write this (whilst looking at a lovely sunny Orewa Beach with my family) is a stunning $32,800!!!

You are all truly amazing and we are blessed to have such great family and friends.

Sonja had her second intraveneous Chemotherapy today and is doing pretty well. She is also taking her daily "Tykerb" tablets each day (this is the one that you all have helped us purchase).

Side effects are a factor but so far pretty tolerable (I guess that's easy for me to say as I'm not the one having them).

For those people who are supporting us in prayer, here are some points to target:
- For the 2 drugs to work better than ever before or expected.
- For the right nurse on Fridays who get the "canulation" right first time. (as this hurts)
- For the side effects to be no worse than at present (and even better to cease)
- Strength and energy for Sonja to go through the treatment.
- Anything else you feel to pray for.

Thanks again,
Denis

No comments:

Post a Comment